Conductor Companion App¶
The Companion App provides tools to help manage Conductor from your workstation. It contains a plugin installer page, a download manager to help retrieve your renders, and a submission toolkit for situations where a native submitter is not available.
Use the cards on the Plugins page to install plugins for various DCCs we support. When you click INSTALL, a confirmation popup appears to make sure you are happy with the install location.
Most plugins depend on the Conductor Core libraries and other Python packages. These are automatically fetched and installed in the same location.
You can change the location where Conductor plugins are installed on the Settings page. See below for default locations.
When you install a plugin, you'll see a help dialog with some information about how to get the plugin installed in your 2d or 3d software. You'll also notice the card has a chip that shows the version. Click on the chip at any time to show the help dialog.
Use the downloader page to fetch finished files. See below for numbered label descriptions.
- Search box. Find jobs by job-id, title, project, user, or location tag. The search function only searches jobs within the list of jobs specified by the date filter.
- Date filter Specify jobs to load from your account within a time period.
- Refresh Refresh the list of loaded jobs.
- Job Id and Title
- Project The project the job belongs to.
- User The person who submitted the job.
- Location tag If the job was submitted with a location tag, it is displayed here.
- Output path The output path that was specified on submission. It is the folder that contains all renders and other files created by the job. The files themselves may be in a folder hierarchy relative to this path. If you are downloading to a different workstation to the one where the job was submitted, you may not be able to write to the output path. If so, you can use the browse button to set a valid local path.
- Progress bar Shows the number of downloaded files over files available for the job at Conductor. The downloaded file count is based on the files that exist in the output path.
- More Menu
- Refresh all: If some files are added or deleted outside the Companion app, then you can click refresh to see them.
- Reset output path: If you changed the output path in error, you can reset it here.
- View in finder: Open a window in the native OS to see your downloaded files. This function is silent if the output path does not currently exist.
- Download Press to download. The button is greyed out if all downloadable files exist in the output path.
While Conductor provides native integrations for Maya, Nuke, and Clarisse, and Cinema 4d, we also provide licensing and support for several other applications, including Modo, Silhouette, and Blender.
Submission Kit is designed to be flexible enough to submit any job without the need to write code. Developers may also find the submission kit useful for rapid prototyping.
See the Submission Kit reference page for more info.
Use the settings page to set the location of Python 2.7 on your system, and to set the Conductor package location, which is the location where plugins are installed.